Humility is such a Divine Blessing to be bestowed with. That's what I think of it, a Blessing.
The early morning hours when everything (man made) has not awoken yet, the overcast predawn skies that water and mist the Earth preparing it for the blossoms and the fragrant grass, when all you hear are the dancing raindrops and bird tweets...I can't help but be filled with a sense of Awe and Humility, that all these things occur like clockwork and so beautifully! There is no greater example of Team Work than watching Mother Nature come alive in all her splendor because of the multitude of little things that work in unison.
And yet in some corner of the World, there is obliteration of this Beauty so Man can feed his greed even more....but Nature does not take that 'personally', does She? :)
I used to take great offense at the phrase "don't take it personally" or "learn to compartmentalize stuff" to the point of working myself up to a rage, asking 'what the hell does that even mean?? Everything I do is personal....cause I'm a Person, you clod!!'....yeah, not pretty thoughts....until this morning watching the rain dancing over the bushes, I realized with a shock that "Really, it's not Personal!" All this time, I was lost in the feeling of my own small Self - my ego. Naturally, everything that was said or done that didn't align with it, tormented me as in my ego and was very, very personal!
But when I chose to let go of that smaller self and go deeper into something Higher, it's not personal, it can never be. For all those things, views, opinions, judgements, reactions....all that stuff does not define who I AM!! They don't even come close!
I was shocked that I hadn't thought of it like this before but watching Nature popped the explanation into my head! With the so called destruction of the Natural world going on at large, Nature doesn't pout and stop doing what She's meant to. She carries on in all Her Grace as always! It's Amazing, really!! The Humility with which the birds, animals, trees and all of those millions of species that we ridicule thoughtlessly, carry on with such resilience and beauty that it is more Powerful than the most powerful thing you can think about.
Humility is not weakness.
Humility is Strength and such a Powerful one at that, that it can never be destroyed.


No comments:
Post a Comment