Everyday each one of us goes through what can only be termed as Challenges or Situations. I refuse to associate an adjective of 'good' or 'bad' to them because really they are just Situations or Challenges. Something we need to face, learn and grow from. Now granted, given the diversity of each one of us, the Situations can be just as 'colorful', if I may use that term. :-P
Life would be pretty boring without the regular Ups and Downs. It's what molds us into who we are. Some days it is easier to face them, other days, not so much. There are times when I don't feel like Soldiering on. I want to wallow in my pity pot and blame the whole entire Universe. But I dig a little deeper when that happens. Who's My audience? The whole entire Universe that I just got done blaming?? I don't think so :-) All this Drama and Dog and Pony Show and no one's even watching?! Kinda sucks, doesn't it? That's when Objectivity sets in. I look at it, 'it' being the Situation, for what it is.
Can I Change it?
Can I Remove myself from it?
Can I Accept it?
It's always going to fall under one of these 3. Always.
There's my Solution then to deal with the Situation. See, I believe my Maker didn't Create me without also giving me the Tools to handle said Challenges. But you need to put in some effort to use them. Where's the Sense of Accomplishment or Pride if the Tool was just handed to You??
Ever try feeding an active, curious 6 month old baby? Every time you bring the little cheerio or banana mush in a spoon to her mouth, she swats your hand away as only babies can and tries to go for it herself :-) You can attempt it countless times, that doesn't stop her. Then when you let her feed herself and watch as the little cheerio is picked up and put inside that tiny mouth, her eyes widen in pure Joy and there's accomplishment there! It's almost like she's saying, "Look Ma, I did it!!! Did you see what I just did?? I'm going to do it again!" And she does! :-) It's beautiful watching that.
Babies already know they have to persevere and make an effort to use the Tools they have been given. Why do we 'grow up' and turn into wimps then....? Yeah, beats me too :-P
Waking up every day to Be there, doing what needs to be done whether it's recovering the use of a limb after surgery through physical therapy or driving an hour or more to work and giving it your best because You have a job while there are many who don't or caring for your child not knowing all the answers but making a sincere attempt each day so you can do your best....all of these are Challenges. No reason to compare your Life with that of another (when has THAT ever helped?!) You get up, You face the Day, You persevere, You accomplish....You repeat. Every. Single. Day. Of this wonderful Life you've been bestowed with.
Your Struggles, Challenges, Situations, call them what you will, CANNOT kill You. You were NEVER created that flimsy :-) (although you might kick the bucket if a Soup can landed on your head at just the right angle! Such is Life :-D)
One day at a time. One present moment at a time. That's all You need to focus on. That idle chatter that goes on in your head, well, tell it to take a hike, because You got this One Moment. If you feel like you can't, at that Moment, that's OK. Cry. Have a meltdown. Scream into a pillow. Punch a bag. Do what you've got to do. Give yourself permission to FEEL what You Feel. 'Cause when You are done, when You are cleansed, You are STILL ALIVE, Stronger than before and READY to kick butt, to do what it takes to face Your Challenge, Your Situation :-)
Feels True then, doesn't it?
Good keep it up
ReplyDelete