From My Front Porch
The packed ice around my bushes are melting releasing the tiny branches that bounce back. I hear birds chirping everywhere. The ground's thawing and there's a lot of snow melt. I can't help but be excited, Spring is almost HERE!!
As I write this, I'm siting on my favorite garden chair after 4 long months. I have always enjoyed the Morning outside with its own stillness punctuated by Nature's sounds. But to do so from my own front porch is a Blessing I can't seem to get enough of :-)
The whole day is contained in the Stillness of the Morning, pregnant with amazing possibilities. I don't even have to plan. I just watch the day unfold. Sometimes and some things you know are a given, like your kids waking up EARLY on a Saturday morning when you are trying to enjoy the peace and Quiet! :-P But there are times when there's a surprise right around the corner like a little red Cardinal watching me intently while I'm writing and observing her :-)
As the day gradually wakes up, with dogs barking, lone joggers jogging up the sidewalk, and distant vehicular sounds rumbling, I can't help but be thankful that I don't have anywhere to rush to (at least not yet ;-)) but sit back and enjoy the daybreak with my tea in hand and breathe deeply the scent of the morning Spring air.

No comments:
Post a Comment