The Visitor (written Apr 24 2013)
This morning amidst the soft patter of the rain and my tinkling wind chime, I had a Visitor. She just smiled at me and sat down silently. I smiled a little waiting for her to introduce herself. 'You need to sleep more', she said. So much for eye makeup! That's what started the conversation which went something like this:
Visitor: are you taking care of your Self?
Me: ? Yes, yes of course. I am healthy as a horse :-) Why would you ask that?
Visitor: There seems to be a lot going on in that head.
Me: (Startled! How does she know??) Yeah, I hedged. I do think about things
Visitor: Your little one, he'll be fine, you know.
Me: (Tears sprang into my eyes and I was angry. Who was this person??) Thank you, I said, but I can't help worrying about his wellbeing
Visitor : Your feelings and emotions do matter. Don't be so hard
Me : (I just stared at my Visitor) I am not. At least I try not to be harsh or cruel to those around me. I am sorry if I have bothered you in some way.
Visitor : No, darling. I meant, don't be hard on your Self. Just let things be and you'll find peace.
Me : God knows, I try, but fail so bad, it's a standing joke.
Visitor : I know you do. You just have to make some more time for your Self and reflect on the good in you.
Me : (Now I was really worked up. I didn't want any more preaching!) How would You know?? You think you can just come and advise me? You don't even know me!!
Visitor : Of course I know you and have been with you all the time. You just haven't found time to figure out, (my Visitor said with a smile)
Me : Oh yeah? Pray tell me who are you and why do you care so much? I am a total stranger to you!
Visitor : Oh no, you are not. I do care because that's what I do. I love you too much to just ignore you. I am your Self after all, she winked and vanished into the raindrops...
This morning amidst the soft patter of the rain and my tinkling wind chime, I had a Visitor. She just smiled at me and sat down silently. I smiled a little waiting for her to introduce herself. 'You need to sleep more', she said. So much for eye makeup! That's what started the conversation which went something like this:
Visitor: are you taking care of your Self?
Me: ? Yes, yes of course. I am healthy as a horse :-) Why would you ask that?
Visitor: There seems to be a lot going on in that head.
Me: (Startled! How does she know??) Yeah, I hedged. I do think about things
Visitor: Your little one, he'll be fine, you know.
Me: (Tears sprang into my eyes and I was angry. Who was this person??) Thank you, I said, but I can't help worrying about his wellbeing
Visitor : Your feelings and emotions do matter. Don't be so hard
Me : (I just stared at my Visitor) I am not. At least I try not to be harsh or cruel to those around me. I am sorry if I have bothered you in some way.
Visitor : No, darling. I meant, don't be hard on your Self. Just let things be and you'll find peace.
Me : God knows, I try, but fail so bad, it's a standing joke.
Visitor : I know you do. You just have to make some more time for your Self and reflect on the good in you.
Me : (Now I was really worked up. I didn't want any more preaching!) How would You know?? You think you can just come and advise me? You don't even know me!!
Visitor : Of course I know you and have been with you all the time. You just haven't found time to figure out, (my Visitor said with a smile)
Me : Oh yeah? Pray tell me who are you and why do you care so much? I am a total stranger to you!
Visitor : Oh no, you are not. I do care because that's what I do. I love you too much to just ignore you. I am your Self after all, she winked and vanished into the raindrops...

No comments:
Post a Comment