Friday, March 13, 2015

A Cup Of Tea

A Cup of Tea (written March 11 2013)

It was the time when night just melts into the golden threads of dawn
The whole world still seems asleep but I wake up to greet the morn

My senses all heightened, my spirit ready to soar
Who knew a little tea, a humble brew 
Was all it took
To get me out the door

A cup of water, a dash of milk, some spices to soothe the soul
A little honey was always good and my tea was ready to pour

My cup in hand, I stepped outside
Hungering for solitude
Feeling the cool morning air on my skin
My heart was ready to sing!

Nothing compares to this feeling of bliss
The song of Silence that touches you like a kiss
Almost perfect but something's amiss
And then i know when I wish

How delightful this moment would be
To share with You, my cup of tea
No exchange of words, just truly being
In this moment, You and me, and this joy called tea.




No comments:

Post a Comment