Sunday, November 15, 2015

"Who" or "What" I am is not determined by one person's opinion or the collective opinions of many. It can never be. For, "who" or "what" I am is already present in every cell of my being as molded by the Creator. Everything else is just a perception that suits some or not at all.
For the longest time I have functioned waiting for some kind of outside "approval" for my actions, my thoughts, deeds...does it really matter? I certainly didn't come, or for that matter anyone else, into this world bearing a certificate that needs to be stamped "approved" or "disapproved". There is no mark of any kind on anyone. All that monstrosity "happens" later. But here's the rub; when you die, all those "supposed markings" fall away. What then, is the point of divesting all our energies on something so futile and worthless that it won't even serve our purpose?  What competition, what pretense and what social norms?? None of that matters...it never did and yet we entangle ourselves deeper into that mess. Maybe it's the FEAR of the UNKNOWN that prevents us from ditching the "safety" of the Known and exploring what's "out there".
Who knows...
Something is breaking and cracking inside of me. But thats where the Light gets in. I welcome that wholeheartedly. Anything for a few moments of LIGHT than an eternity of "Darkness"....


No comments:

Post a Comment